Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
(from an Epicurious recipe)
3/4 Cup flour
1/4 Cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (I like kosher)
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons steel cut oats
1/4 C chopped dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla until combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture in thirds, beating until just combined. Mix in the chocolate and the oats with a wooden spoon. The dough will be on the stiff side.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough on the cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.